Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Broken Sprocket / Race to " The Silk Road "


THE SILK ROAD 
( FORMALLY  27 Coogan Blvd Ste 2D (1,164.98 mi) Mystic, Connecticut 06355 )


In 1989 my mother introduced me to Mystic Connecticut.
This South- Connecticut U.S.A. 
This Unique Southern Connecticut offers so much to see and visit.
I would personally consider this area as one many important representations of North-Eastern AMERICAN Culture that include an extensive early colonial American History, as well as a vital Marine port for local industry fisherman and state commerce.

Amongst so much to see and explore , there was a small international import store of unusual varieties of gifts and treasure from around the world all awaiting the curious wanderers that stumble upon this most awesome merchentile.

Some of the fascinating items that I personally had interest in where the throwing knives, swords, Chinese stars and pretty much all the balls and chains and nunchuck's of which they had carefully displayed within crafted glass cases.

Over the years my interest had never seized my will to want  to
return.



If I remember correctly, sometime in the early 2000 I had called a close friend Brandon who live in Cape Cod , Massachusetts ( Also my prior living place ) to come on down to Rhode Island and scoop me up for the weekend to hang out and catch up on things.

He was ( and I believe still is )one of those friends who really would go above and beyond to help a situation work, ( Which I have always respected through the years of our friendship either distant or not )
( Now-days he has a Family of his own even though I don't get to speak with him as much, but still stay in touch with via social media / Phone )

O.K. back to the story.... So... he drives the distance ( Mashpee Massachusetts to Hope Valley R.I. ) to come pick me up form my place of employment at the time ( Stop & Shop / Deli - Hope Valley Rhode Island U.S.A. ) at around 5:00 p.m. or so, and from there we asked a question..


( Do we race down to the Silk Road to buy some swords and knives ????
or....
Do we just forget about it, considering the time-frame would be very close in actually arriving late due to distance and lack of time ???

Hell with it!  were going to get to that store before they close and buy us some good old fashion 18th century weaponry for kicks!

We had around 45+ minutes to make it.


Pedal to the metal situation arose...
Switchin' lanes, triple car passing, rockin' the 90 degree turns... Yes we were on our way, free and clear!


The first words from the state trooper
( WHY ARE YOU DRIVING SO FAST MARIO ANDRETTI ??? )

5 Minutes and $500.00 later... We were back on the road again.


I large price to pay for saving Time? Probably Yes.

Mission accomplished ? Yes

I bought a 14 inch Bowie that was completely illegal in the state of Massachusetts,and I think my friend bought something a bit more legal.

All in all a lesson learned once again....

" IF YOUR DESPERATE FOR TIME, and you want 18th Century weaponry bad enough.... 
well.... anyway..... Drive safely and obey all state and county road and traffic laws as part of your responsibility with a valid drivers licence holder "























No comments:

Post a Comment